Mobile Application Developer
This position will be responsible for mobile application solutions, from development and delivery via projects, to ongoing execution maintenance.
- Analysis, design, development, installation, modification and support of software applications;
- Conducting programming tasks including program design, program specifications, program coding, debugging and documentation; - conducting proper testing before promoting to production to ensure a quality product;
- Working with appropriate levels of management to provide necessary research for business case and cost justification;
- Participates in analyzing and recommending new technologies, products, and innovations that would improve systems and the support of those systems;
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of project support documentation;
- Assists to ensure adherence to application design and coding standards;
- Acts as a contact point for company's outsourcing partners that provide software development services;
- Work with the QA team to develop and/or review test plans and to triage issues found during test cycles;assists in resource planning;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software development
- Minimum 1 year experience with Android and one or more other development platforms for mobile applications (iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile)
- Familiar with relevant design pattern such as MVC, Command Pattern, Observer Pattern, etc;
- Experience working with server side Java components such as EJBs in a Tomcat, Jboss, or equivalent environment;
- Experience working in a structured source code management system such as SVN;
- Proven breadth and depth of technical expertise who can work independently with little or no supervision;
- In depth knowledge of system and application design, development, test, and documentation standards;
- Drive to ask follow up questions clarifying issues;
- Advanced working knowledge of new products and technologies in order to accurately evaluate for use in our clients environment;
- Develops a solid understanding of the interrelationships of teams current software applications and the processes/requirement of internal departments and external clients to develop effective solutions;
- Anticipates and avoids common problems, solves problems quickly and independently;
- Contributes to process improvements by recommending system improvements and enhancements as well as improvements to the development process.
- May be required to provide off-hours support via telephone and remote login, or to participate online conference calls and/or training courses (not on a regular base, depends on the client's location);
If you are interested, qualified, available, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send your resume detailing your relevant experience and call us.
If you do respond via e-mail please include your phone number so we can contact you.
In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.